As 2017 comes to a close, we wanted to say thank you to our great clients for hiring The Gnar Company to build their web and mobile apps. Any software development consultancy is only as good as its clients and we are truly fortunate to have had so many companies choose us to help them. Some of the honors our Boston-based clients earned in 2017 include:
- Featured on Shark Tank
- Named one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe
- Awarded BostInno 50 on Fire
In addition to these accolades, our clients raised over $50M in funding in 2017. Read about these great client projects and more here.
We understand the challenges of hiring software engineers, which we experienced ourselves as we ramped up our Boston-based team to 13 this year. We observed that it took our clients (and ourselves) 3-6 months to recruit and hire software developers.
When hiring software development agencies in this difficult hiring environment, it is critical to work with agencies that implement best practices and write code that can be easily understood by developer new-hires so that they can quickly make an impact on the business. Consultancies that practice test-driven development, thoughtful documentation, and implement both development and process best practices allow for a seamless internal hand-off.
In addition to increasing the size of our development team, we have also done the following to meet the ever-increasing expectations of our clients:
- Added Discovery and Design services to help clients build wireframes, user journeys, and final design to enable efficient, cost-effective development.
- Built up expertise in React Native and Phoenix/Elixir to offer broader mobile and web technology options.
- Moved to a new office at 11 Beacon Street with more conference room space to facilitate in-person sprint planning and demo meetings.
Whether it is building your foundational software product or collaborating with your in-house software team to increase development velocity please consider The Gnar Company for your web and mobile application development needs in 2018.