In 2018 we extended the foundation that we built in 2017. We continued our focus on building collaborative client partnerships to develop a fundamental understanding of their business, industry, users, and technology needs. This allows us to design and build user-centric web and mobile apps while asking questions along the way. Thank you to our clients for partnering with The Gnar Company to build their web and mobile apps. Read about our great client projects and more here.
In the 2018 the Gnar team:
- Significantly grew our Discovery and Design services, where we build application wireframes, branding materials, and final screen designs to translate our clients’ visions into application blueprints.
- Experienced strong demand for mobile apps built in React Native with 5 separate React Native mobile app projects, enabling both iOS and Android apps with a single codebase.
- Experimented with new technologies such as Golang and Vue in addition to our core technologies of React and Ruby on Rails.
- Moved to a new, larger office at 19 Kingston Street with more conference room space to facilitate in-person client working sessions and meetings.
- Welcomed 4 new engineers to our growing team.
The challenges of hiring software engineers only increased in 2018, which we experienced ourselves as we continued to grow our Boston-based team. The 3 to 6+ months it is taking our clients to recruit, hire, and on-board software developers is clearly having an impact on their development velocity and we were happy to partner with a number of companies to temporarily fill this hiring gap.
Whether it is building your foundational software product or collaborating with your in-house software team to increase development velocity, please consider The Gnar Company for your web and mobile application development needs in 2019.